[amayausers.com] Re: New 1099 rule for small businesses

  • From: jlmemb@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:00:20 -0400

 I think you have to read the bill as it appears to be a two way street, we
must submit 1099s to others as well as receiving them for any yearly
transaction over $600.00
I had worked for an insurance company claims areas and any vendor we sent over
the limit was automatically sent a 1099. This was cumbersome to say the least
but it was better than the fine imposed.
It has been the law for quite some time as all business customers that we do
work for  always send out a 1099. usually at the end of the year as they pull
that info off their accounting programs. We verify the amount to make sure so
we don't get a visit from the IRS.
HTH

Joe Sepanik
JLM EMBROIDERY