[amayausers.com] Re: Needle Case Groaning

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:16:47 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/811.html#000002

Just a thought...has the weather changed recently like it has over here? Gotten
colder, and your furnace/heating system is running more? If it isn't in the
'program'...it may be the heat is evaporating your oil...time to do
maintainence.
I'd do a full maintainence procedure anyways, especially with a 'new'
machine-to make sure you eliminate any chance that something doesn't need some
grease or oil. We got in the habit with our Big Red of adding 20 drops to the
oil 'keyhole' and on the shafts before we started any sewing each week-because
it normally sat idle for several weeks at times and the hot air furnace dried
all the oil up. Never had a problem when we started 'topping it off' before
each use.
Roland