[amayausers] Need help with handkerchief

  • From: "Evelyn Runge" <erunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:29:25 -0400

MessageGood Morning Everyone!

I have been fighting this hankerchief for a week now. I am embroidering a poem,
script font on a linen handkerchief for a wedding. Black thread, letters are
.5". I've tried all kinds of combinations, 110% to 150% column width, 3.5 - 5.0
density, no underlay, walk stitch underlay, zigzag underlay and a combination
of both. I either get lots of thread breaks, or the bobbin shows through the
top. Material thickness from 2-4. I'm not real picky about font, just want
something fancy. I love Diane Script but it just won't run that small. Has
anybody ever done a hankerchief? If so, can you help with some guidelines? I
think I've just looked at this on so much I'm missing the obvious. Any help is
appreciated. PS two weddings this Saturday!

Thanks,

Evelyn
Express It With Thread
Virginia Beach