[amayausers] Re: Melco HAS BEEN Sold

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:10:11 -0500

Text version from Melco website:

OC Oerlikon AG Purchases Melco Industries Parent Company Saurer AG Mar 1,
2007

OC Oerlikon AG Purchases Melco Industries Parent Company Saurer AG -
2/28/2007
Melco Embroidery Systems announces that Saurer AG of Switzerland, parent
company of Melco, has been acquired by the OC Oerlikon Corporation AG,
Pfäffikon, Switzerland. Oerlikon finalized the stock purchase and
acquisition of Saurer on January 1, 2007, and is currently implementing the
steps for integration of the Saurer Group into the Oerlikon corporate
structure.

?The acquisition of Saurer forms a platform which allows us to fully exploit
potential synergies within the Oerlikon Group and makes perfect sense for a
technology driven company like Oerlikon? says CEO Thomas Limberger. Melco is
now part of the business unit Twisting & Embroidery, in the Saurer Textile
segment of Oerlikon.

Oerlikon Corporation is a cutting ? edge, high technology and innovation
leader focused on customer needs in a wide variety of industries and markets
throughout the world. The company had a very successful 2006 experiencing
double digit growth and was named as the most successful European stock by
the Swiss stock exchange. Oerlikon core business technology segments now
include coatings, vacuum, precision, textile, and drive systems. Key
industries served by these segments include Automotive, Space, Energy,
Consumer Electronics, IT, Life Sciences, high fashion, and Machinery and
Tool Manufacturing. Oerlikon has established a corresponding global
infrastructure, with a network of 80 subsidiary companies in 25 countries.

?We are excited about the new synergies and opportunities with Oerlikon. It
will allow Melco to infuse even more technology and it offers an even larger
infrastructure to serve our customers worldwide better than ever? says Melco
CEO Peter Kern.

I also noticed Melco added a toll-free number for service. I was soooo tired
of running up my cell phone bill to call them. The number is 877-840-5829

Steve

From: "pte@xxxxxx" <pte@xxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Melco HAS BEEN Sold