[amayausers.com] Re: Major mechanical problem. Please help!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:55:37 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/670.html#000002

Chrissy,

Well the good news is that I have a daughter named Chrissy and all my relatives
on my Mom's side of the family were/are from Tennessee....;-)

Now for the bad news....without formal tech training, you will not be able to
fix this "yourself."  I am not saying this just because of trying to protect
some "secret" knowledge in the tech universe, but in your case, what has
happened, means complete needlecase removal and replacement.

It also means that anytime the needlecase is reefed forward like this, the
V-rail slider blocks on the backside of the needlecase may have been fractured
or broken completely. This is especially true in the case of an XT model. The
Big Reds or pre-XT models had medal blocks and we had to lubricate the V-rail,
but the XT's have an oil impregnated phenolic version that self lubes the
V-rail so we don't have to anymore. But they break eaiser when reefed on, like
you have described.

 Does the grabber trap and/or grabber ( this is the part that pulls the trimmed
thread back up into the trap ) look bent? If so they will either have to be
replaced of repaired depending on how badly they are deformed. Normally, if
during a trace, if a clamp or the hoop arms, if they are bent up slightly so
the grabber slips underneath the hoop arm spring clips, or anything contacts
the backside of the needlecase and pushes it forward about 3/16 to 1/4 inches
the needle bar studs are pushed out of the retaining storage track in the upper
arm covers and then the needlebars will fall.

I'm sorry Chrissy, but you are out of commision and a tech call is highly
advised in this case. this is at least a 2 to 4 hour job, depending on what is
found, for someone that is trained. Unfortunatly this falls under that
"operator error" catagory and nothing will be covered under the warraty
contract, that is if you are still under warranty.

Is there anyone you can contract to get some of your more pressing stuff done?

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer