[amayausers.com] Re: Machine not booting

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 01:03:01 UT

This message was posted by FunKingShirts on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/618.html#000007

I did. I made sure it was open for a few minutes, then turned on the Amaya.

I worked a little with support today. This is what we have tried and what I
have learned.

1. I took the cover off of the main board today so I could check for corrosion,
as well as see what LEDs were flashing. While studying the main board, I found
there is a LED for the E Stop. It was not lit. When I push the E Stop, the
light comes on. Therefore I know it is not an E Stop issue and I know the
control panel is communicating (somewhat.)

2. The tech had me reboot my machine as well as my network switch. This did not
correct the issue.

3. I tried connecting my machine directly to the Amaya with a crossover cable.
No difference.

4. I connected my machine to the Amaya through a different switch with nothing
else on the network. No difference.

5. I dug my wife's computer out of storage. It is the machine we used primarily
when we set the Amaya up originally. (Though, both computers worked fine with
the machine before storage.) No difference.

The technician called me back but I missed the call so I will wait until
tomorrow.

At this point, I don't think it is computer related. I think it is Amaya
related.