[amayausers.com] Re: Lost Embroidery Keys

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:04:26 UT

This message was posted by Loyda on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/967.html#000003

Hi there,

Yes, I understand, the dongles are the cost of the software. If you lose it,
you have to pay full price for the software. I did not lose mine, I melted it.
I only have 4 USB ports on my computer. I took of the OS dongle to put
something else in and left it on my desk (I work from home) apparently too
close to a box-looking AC/DC adapter that is attached to the power cord on my
printer, which is next to the computer. It must have overheated because the
dongle was stuck and unusably melted to this adapter box.  So, $95+shipping
later, I have a new one, but they wanted the melted one back. I guess to prove
to themselves that I did not sell it and was trying to get a free one. Lesson
learned. The adapter box is now on the other side of the printer away from my
computer.