[amayausers.com] Re: Koozies

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:40:58 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/525.html#000012

I use my regular designs, so the density goes all over the place.  BUT the
looser the better.  I think the trick it to set the presser foot up 3 or 4
clicks and the thread feed up to about 10 and then go up until it looks and
acts good.  And I run them about 900 spm, but I think I could go faster.  I
just don't.

I spray a square of stabilizer - I have used tear-a-way and cut away and both
work just fine - and place the Koozie on it and then hoop it in the 15cm or
18cm depending on the size of Koozie and the design.  I try to catch up upper
edge in the hoop and of course the bottom, but the sides aren't held by the
hoop.  If the design is too dense it will pull very badly, but I try to pick
simple designs that are not dense.  I have sort of gotten over the need for
dense designs.  I am now in the "less is better" mode!  I love doing them.

With one of my orders they sent a sheet showing how to make a cell phone case.
I have made a bunch of them.  I bought their clip and use that.  Pretty cool.
I use both the can and water bottle sizes for the cell phone cases.  With the
water bottle Koozie, a big iPod will fit in very nicely.

Hope this helps,

Juli in Kona