[amayausers] Re: Jacket help

  • From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:02:59 -0700

Steve,

I do run samples on everything I digitize or I send out. I have seen this design on other things around town so I assumed it would sew OK.....WRONG. It has not been re-sized. I will not trust the quality of other digitizing again, this one looked good on the screen but sews very sloppy. Outlines don't line up and columns are crooked. The customer who gave me the disk is happy as can be with logo. Go figure....

Mike

Steve Cohen wrote:

Hi Mike,
As a general rule I always sew out a sample of a design before running in production if I never used that design before including digizing that I have done. Have you run a sample yet? If not, it could be the way the digitizing was done. Also, EXP files do not like to have the size changed like a OFM or CND file. If the EXP was reduced in size, this is more than likely the problem for the thread breaks. Tearaway backing should be good for just about every jacket.

From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers list <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:28:59 -0700
Is anybody sewing on a PA J763 Work Jacket? I have a .EXP logo sent from another embroidery shop and I am sewing inside the 'port pocket' with one piece of 1 oz tearaway. I am getting alot of thread breaks and I suspect the design is bad. I'm sewing at MT of 5 and 6 on with the old rollers and sharp 75/11 needles. What MT is everyone using?

Mike