[amayausers.com] Re: Is there anything bad about the Amaya XT?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 04:11:04 UT

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/262.html#000004

I think you will find that most in this group are happy with their Amaya and
the service they receive [but of course, nothing is 100%].

Customer service .... most will be completely satisfied with the Melco service.

Software .... DesignShop is good software but you are not limited only to
DesignShop. As with any other embroidery machine, you are free to use any
digitizing, lettering, editing software you like.

Schools .... Melco and most other machine sellers offer training. In most
cases, these classes will benefit the newcomer .... how much will depend on the
individual doing the training and the person taking that training. Do not
expect to attend a 1 or 2 day class and learn all you need to know about the
machine and embroidery.

Durability .... because of its complexity and use of plastic, I personally do
not think the Amaya is as durable as the older Melco machines [but others may
disagree].

Bob