[amayausers.com] Re: Hoop for back of ball cap?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:23:39 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1574.html#000009

To throw my 2 cents worth in here....I have settled on using the Slimline
clamping system, sold by Melco, for doing the back of our caps. It is fast and
works great.

An old trick for getting a very close arc line for the style of cap being sewn
on, is to position and scan the cap as flat as you can get it on your scaner,
save the image as a jpeg, bring this image into DS and digitize the arc line
using a walk stitch. Save this image for this particular style cap.

Using the walk stitch image, you can now type in your line of lettering and arc
it around the walk stitch image....it is easily adjustable from this point, for
minor modifications.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer