[amayausers.com] Re: Help with FlexFit caps

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 23:07:21 UT

This message was posted by MJ on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1481.html#000004

I would use a fusible stablizer -- if you have a mini iron, it's a little
easier to fuse the stabilizer where you need it on the cap. Or I have also used
the stabilizer that you moisten on the back and then the adhesive on it adheres
to the inside of the cap--let it dry before you stitch on it. The third option
is there is a soft stabilizer that has adhesive on the back, but it's not an
adhesive that will gum up the needle. (Make sure it says it's the type that
says it will not gum up the needle.) I have one that has the adhesive and after
you're done stitching, it even dissolves away with water. Besides the adhesive
layer, I also use another heavy tear away too. If the needle does get a little
gummy, it seems that the heavy tearaway layer helps kind of remove the
gumminess with each penetration. I just find that I always get the best results
when working with anything that has stretch, is to use some kind of stabilizer
that will "adhere" to the fabric to minimize stretch. Ho
 pe this helps. MJ, Everything Embroidered