[amayausers] Re: Hat Backs

  • From: "For Heaven's Sake Embroidery" <for_heavens_sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:05:17 -0400

The only time I’ve ever had a problem with adhesive backing is with those
stupid vinyl bags, and that problem is the pocket being too small.  Maybe
you aren’t using the right sticky backing or you can try the hydrostik,
which I prefer, but it doesn’t offer as easy of multiple hooping as do the
sticky paper.

I’ve never lost a hat (boy do I hate to risk my machines wrath by saying
THAT) by having the paper release.  Of course, I am talking about hat backs,
I use the WACF for the fronts.  I don’t even use backing on the structured
hats fronts anymore.

JMO,
Kelly

From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:42:02 -0600
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Roland,

CCF/WACF is the conventional cap frame and WACF is the newer 270 degree cap
frame. Melco has improved the WACF from the ones that I recieved with our
machines and I really haven't had the oportunity to give them a good
try....probably because I don't have any of them.......I do prefer, same as
Aaron, the older CCF/WACF for most caps and do most of my side work an/or
cap backs on fast frames....

Rod

Embroidery Cottage
Rod & Sharon Springer
Melco Trained Amaya Tech/Trainer
Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing

Boise, ID  83713
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:00:37 -0700
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When I do my hat backs I don't worry so much about the arc being exactly the
same as the hats.  I just set most hats up at 3"  on the arc and let em go.
Never had any complaints and I do hat backs on 80% of my hats.

As far as the cap frames we use WACF on our 2 head tajima and they work
great.  We use the conventional frames on our Melco's cause they are faster
to hoop and seem to sew better on taller designs.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, Oregon