[amayausers.com] Re: Got HeatPress, Got Dazzle (100%Poly), Got No Idea What Heat Applied Product to Use!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:14:46 UT

This message was posted by Loyda on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/11.html

Hi there,

I inherited a heat press when I bought my first used embroidery machine (EP1 -
I have an AMAYA XT now).  Anyway, I have an order for basketball jerseys. They
are the Badger reversible dazzle tanks 100% polyester.

I am at the Stahl's website and I cannot figure out which heat applied product
to use for the lettering/numbering.

I did some soccer jerseys last year with the poly-twill and that was a pain.
This is my first non-embroidery order and I really want to do it right. Stahl's
says to use ThermoGrip for 100%Nylon Dazzle. But, I have 100% Poly Dazzle. Can
I use ThermoFilm?  Vinyl?  SimStitch?

My worst nightmare is to do the job and have the lettering/numbers peeling off
after the first wash!!

Any tips on working with Dazzle fabric and heat presses?

While I'm typing, what do you guys charge for this kind of job?  There are 17
jerseys. 8" numbers on back. Team Name and small number on front...On BOTH
SIDES of the reversible jersey.

Thank you for your help!