[amayausers.com] Re: Frequent False Bobbin Breaks

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:06:09 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1081.html#000006

oh,oh...someone needs to back off the caffeine today!...LOL...
technical stuff, Juli, technical.
Keep in mind teeshirts are almost the worst thing to sew on...minimal material,
inconsistent weave, and the embroidery costs more than the shirt.
ON the polos...I've had good luck using the meshbacking on pique knit, and a
solvy on top for the 'coarse' pique knits. Bobbin 'false' alerts means it is
sensing a 'loose' or broken thread-so I would take the bobbin holder and tweak
the tension screw 1/4 turn and see what happens. And, sometimes just slowing
down 100 spm makes a lot of difference. Hard to tell without having the actual
file in my machine to see if it is something in the design, or the settings or
just 'one of those things' you need to keep 'tweaking' until it runs right.
Cross your fingers-we ran a dozen hats today, youth size-first time we ever did
youth...couldn't do the 'side' panel because we couldn't get a hoop to stay but
sewed front and back (using the speedframe for the back) and didn't have a
single problem-not once! That's a miracle for us and hats!