[amayausers] Re: Font Question

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:02:12 -0700

  Cheryl,

  I have disliked The Copperplate font for this reason. This type of font is
difficult to size up or down and always promises troulble, especially on
something like T shirt material.

  Short of heavy editing of the font itself, try this. Go to a 4 density, turn
off short stitches, eliminate any underlay you have added--like the centerwalk,
change the stitch length to 16 or 17, add as much pull compensation as you can
but not so much as to distort the letters and in OS go into the "Settings" tab
and select "Settings by color", ativate it and on the respective color/needle
that is sewing the lettering set your machine speed to 900, the column width to
53 and here you can also set your material thickness too , try a 4 or 5.....too
high and looping will start to occur--need to experiment with this one.

  I often go into each individual letter, convert to wireframe editing nd
adjust/eliminate a ton of end  points, straighten out lines, adjust
overlaps..etc.....just a peice of cake....eh?

  Good luck

  Rod Springer

  Embroidery Cottage
  Rod & Sharon Springer