[amayausers.com] Re: Fast frames, Slim line, mighty hoop, help please

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:18:56 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/947.html#000005

Hi Jazmin,

Let me try some silk with the 11x13 Mighty Hoop this weekend to see if it is
easier to hoop with the Hoop Master or just hoop on a table.  I bought the
SlimLine clamps 12x5 frame specifically to do 100" of a continuous lace
pattern, but it just did not do a good job--It did not hold the silk and
backing taut enough.  I ended up hooping the silk with the standard 440mx300m
hoop that came with the Amaya XT.  It came out so well, even I can't tell where
I rehooped each section to get 100" of endless lace embroidery.  This technique
should be a lot easier with the 11x13 Mighty Hoop.

Cheers,
Ed "Kanga" Roux