[amayausers.com] Re: Fast frames, Slim line, mighty hoop, help please

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:39:48 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/947.html#000003

I know that what I am about to say will generate a lot of discussion, BUT I do
not hoop "drum tight".  I use the clamp for wovens, like shorts and shirts, and
for even t-shirts and polos.  I think the secret is to use the iron-on no-short
stabiliser.  Since I have been using that stabilizer, I have almost no troubles
with pulling.  The slim line works great for almost anything where you have to
put the design near the edge.  I cannot stuff a lot of material in the clamp -
there just isn't enough room to put, for instance, a heavy jacket with a collar
and expect that there will be room for the collar.  But shorts where the design
is on the bottom edge near the slit up the side - works like a charm.  It is
not drum tight and I use tear-away with both the woven and knit fabrics. Just
slid it in with the stabilizer under it and line it up.  My customer LOVES the
tear-away!!  He hates the cut away showing.