[amayausers] Re: FW: Cap Needle Breaks

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:39:10 -0700

Cheryl,
As Arron said, moving the design up away from the bill of the cap will help
sometimes. How big is the design? ( Tall ?)

Now that you have had several needle breaks--20 needle breaks is NOT
acceptable ......While in Amaya OS, go into "Maintenance" go to "bottom
center" and check the clearance between the face of the presser foot and the
back of the needle. If it is too close to touching the presser foot  has
been bent forward by the caps and needs to be bent back slightly for
adequate clearance.

You also need to check, very closely, for needle strikes around the hole in
the needle plate. Any burrs in this area will lead to problems down the
road.....

Rod