[amayausers.com] Re: Email from UPS

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:30:24 UT

This message was posted by Laurie on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/8/105.html#000010

Talk about SPAM.. A couple months ago I had gotten a really strange email from
"YAHOO" saying that they were updating profiles that were not being used very
often and wanting to advise that they could be deleted for inactivity.

This by the way was my business email, which I am on daily... I thought it was
odd and did not respond, got a second email marked "URGENT" stating that my
account would be deleted, that I needed to verify username, passsword, ect.

A couple days later, I was gettiing ready to go home and closeing out of things
on my computer. I accidentaly closed out of my email, so I opened it back up,
it oddly asked me for my password, I put it in and it said it was incorrect. I
tried again, thinking I had entered it wrong, still no use. I didn't worry
about it, deceided I was just do it in teh morning. Well, I went home and
checked my personal email.
There was an email from my work, I don't rememebr what the subject line said,
but if it had come from anywhere else, I would have jsut deleted it, but since
it was from work and I knew I didn't send it, and my coworker does little to no
emailing... I opened it.

It was a request for money form ME statign I was trapped in another counrty,
with no money and no place to stay, that I was living on the street and had not
eaten in a couple days!! I was just finished reading it when I received a call
from a friend, who also received the email... she too only opened it because of
where it was from.
By the next morning I had 3 calls at my home, 2-3 on my cell and numerous
emails wondering what was going on???

I had to ask for my password, and luckily was able to retreive it. Someone had
changed the password and the alternate email. They sent this bougus letter out
to over 200 contacts in our address book. I sent out a second email, stating
that I was indeed safe and sound in our little Nebraska town and to NOT send
money as was being requested!! It was crazy!!  The new alt email was a gmail
account, so I set one up myself and sent a note to the addy, stating NICE TRY!
:p

It was so odd... I still had ppl asking how I got home... Im guessing they
didn't get teh second email!