[amayausers.com] Re: Calibrating Center of 20.7 x 16.8 Tubular Sash Hoop

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:47:58 UT

This message was posted by FME540 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/727.html#000006

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by edr:

I thought the 20.7 x 16.8 tubular sash frame is the largest available for the
XT.  Is it not a full sash frame??

In determining the maximum rectangle I could stitch in this frame, I digitized
a rectangle and found out that the largest "rectangle" I could safely trace was
a 14.5" x 14.5" "square".  I know I can exceed a 14.5" width a very tiny bit as
the hoop widens with the curvature as the pressure foot/needle meets the center
of the long side (20.7" side) of the hoop.  I can understand where you would
get more sewing area if you are stitching the width of the shorter sides (16.8"
sides) of my hoop.  Hope you understand what I am saying.

May I ask is the "full sash frame" you are referring to larger than the frame I
am using?  If so, where can I get one?  I don't know what a tubular frame is as
opposed to a flat frame.  Can you please explain?  If the full sash frame is
the same frame I am using, how are you achieving a sewing area of 16.14" x
15.75".  I'd be very, very interested as many of my designs are at least 15" at
its widest width.

Many thanks!
Ed  ----- Ed,

Sorry, I mis-spoke. I should have said that the full size is only available
when you select "Full Sew Field". Unfortunately there is no available hoop that
will allow using the entire field.

You are correct that the biggest hoop available is the 20.7 x 16.8 tubular sash
frame. When using the tubular sash frame hoop you lose some area at the top of
the hoop due to the thickness of the hoop and the clearance necessary for the
pressor foot. Your experimentation finding 14.5" square sounds about right.
That would translate to 300pts (1.2") lost at the top of the hoop. I would
guess you could create a rectangle 15.75" wide by 14.5" tall and get it to
trace.

To find out exactly how big the hoop limits are for any selected hoop do these
steps.

1. Remove the hoop from the machine. (Remove the cap driver if not check limits
on a cap hoop.)
2. Select the hoop you wish to check in the hoop list.
3. Hit the Center Hoop toolbar button.
4. Using the move command from the machine move up until the machine stops. The
machine stops at the hoop limit in that direction.
5. Look at AOS and note down the Y position. The value is in embroidery points.
We'll convert to inches in a bit.
6. Use the machine keypad to center the hoop.
7 Repeat steps 5 and 6 in all four directions.

Add the values together and divide by 254 to convert to inches. For example if
checking the values for full sew field:

y values: 1500 + 2500 = 4000, 4000 / 254 = 15.7"
x values: 2050 + 2050 = 4100, 4100 / 254 = 16.14"

These are just approximate values that I pulled off the top of my head.

On the tubular sash frame I think the +Y value will be about 1375 and the -Y
about -2500. You can check exactly on your machine. That way you'll know the
max design size for the hoop. You should be able to get close to 16" in the X
direction but will be about 14.5" in the Y direction. Be aware the limiting
factor is at the upper corners of the hoop.

Let me know what you find out.