[amayausers] Re: Bobbins

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:32:02 -0500

Oh Terri,
        I'm not all that.  I just like to ask questions myself.  Besides, I'm
only
16 years old.
Hah, just kidding.  Actually closing in on 40 fast.
        As for the sewing machine bobbin winder, I think that would work fine.
used to watch my mom do that when I was a kid.  I'm thinking that if the
bobbin was wound too tight, say with "tension", there might be issues with
it getting tangled or not unraveling correctly.  Only remember that the
embroidery machine moves just like a sewing machine does, but a heck of a
lot faster.  Hence, may not be as forgiving as a conventional sewing
machine.
        This just in...  I'm thinking back to when I attempted to use a bobbin
that
originally had cardboard sides and one side fell off for one reason or
another.  My wife calls me cheap but I tried to use it anyway with only one
side.  Being that the bobbin wasn't laced with wax as the sideless bobbins
are, the bobbin eventually fell apart within the bobbin case and created a
mess.  My wife then proceeded to laugh and say I told you so.  She's great,
really!
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery