[amayausers] Bobbins

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:59:09 -0500

Hello all,
        Once again, I was visiting one of my customers on Friday with a machine
issue and one of the issues we addressed was the type of bobbin they were
using.
        The recommended bobbin for the Amaya, and all other machines if you ask
me,
is a "Polyester V-15, size L" (for large).  Not the cheaper version named
"Astra".  The Astra bobbin is a spun polyester and not a "mono-filament"
bobbin like the "Polyester" bobbin.  If you compare the two, to the naked
eye, the polyester bobbin is smooth and consistent and doesn't look very
much different than the thread used on top of the machine.  The astra bobbin
looks more like hemp rope and is kind of hairy looking.  Sure the astra
bobbins are a few dollars cheaper but by all means, don't pinch your pennies
here.  A smooth mono-filament bobbin with less lint will give a more
consistent tension which is vital to correct operation of the Amaya.
        Most folks I run across who don't know the difference tell me, "that's
what
they sent me in the beginning so that's what I always order".  You can use
either of the two but I would suggest the better of the two.. "Polyester
V-15, size L".
Good Luck,
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes