[amayausers] Re: Bobbin type question

  • From: "Kushnerick" <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:19:53 -0700

A smooth consistent running prewound bobbin is important to quality
stitching, so be leery of cheap "no name" bobbins.

A while back, we were given a box of "no names" by a dealer to try. He just
got some in and wanted to know how they ran. They were the poorest running
bobbins we ever had ..... bobbin tension was all over the place and this in
turn affected the quality of stitching. Ended up throwing the box of bobbins
in the garbage, we couldn't use them and the dealer didn't want them back.

Trusew are a good running bobbin but if you wish to switch, NEBS [plastic
side] or Magna-glide [sideless, magnetic] also run very nice. Manufacturers
/ dealers are always willing to send out sample bobbins to try, so take
advantage of this to see how some of the bobbins run on your machine before
you purchase a box.

Good luck

Bob

.