[amayausers] Re: Auto Density

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 04:48:03 -0600

Ruth,
    The two columns of numbers Herb has listed are as he said, the "Auto
Density" settings he uses.  The first of the two columns of numbers
represents the column's width measured in "points".  Remember that there are
254 points in an inch.  Therefore, if the machine is sewing a very thin
column that is about 10 points wide/across, then the corresponding density
setting will be "5.0".  The larger the column width is, the closer the
stitches need to be to insure adequate coverage on the fabric.  Hence, as
the alternating stitches in the column get closer to each other, the density
becomes a smaller number.
    I like to use the Auto Density feature when ever I use a real
fancy-swirly font that has a varied column width through out the entire
font.  Similar to the Diane Font.  Unlike the Block font that has a column
width that is just about the same the entire way through the alphabet.

    Hope this helps.

Ed Orantes