[amayausers.com] Re: Applique Help

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:16:09 UT

This message was posted by Linda on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/601.html#000001

Hi Natalie,

When I do appliques I cut my own so won't be any help there but I print out the
size of the applique outline I want to use and then cut that out of fabric I
want to use.  I have Design Shop Pro + so will use the applique function there
and the instructions are pretty clear in the manual.  If you have other
digitizing software, the first stitching is the outline, then position the
applique piece inside the outline.  Second row of stitching is a tack down
(zig-zag stitch that isn't as dense or as wide as the final outline), then the
outline.

I use badgemaster in the hoop (2 layers) then it just tears away from the
applique.  Of course the design would be stitched on the applique as well.  If
this is as clear as mud, contact me privately and I will try to clarify.

Thanks

Linda Webster
www.fancyneedles.com (http://www.fancyneedles.com)