[amayausers.com] Re: Another Q

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:51:52 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1196.html#000001

Hi Laurie,

Unless your bobbin case has had some trauma such as a hard fall or the leaf
spring is sprung, you should not need a new one.  We are still using our
originals and they are somewhere close to 7-8 years old.

Be sure you take the corner of a sheet of paper and clean out under the leaf
spring and blow out the bobbin case area well.  Wax and lint can build up under
that area.  We use NEB bobbins so get very, very little lint, but some bobbins
are terrible.

I am going to guess your problems are possibly associated with lack of
lubrication, needles turned a bit too far to the left or right, a burr on the
needle/s, the presser foot not at the proper height, or a design issue.  Those
are just the immediate things that come to mind we often find when out in the
field training.

Sharon