[amayausers] Re: Amaya os

  • From: "Lee or Terri Hoover" <lhoover2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:41:43 -0500

We have been very pleased with our 19" LCD flat panel Samsung monitor (about
2 years old).  The only problem I've had is the ergonomics of where it's at
and I'm sitting, which is the same place the previous 17" tube monitor was
at, but back further since it's not as deep.  I had a lot of neck/shoulders
problems until I realized that I needed to raise the height of my chair with
the new monitor (I'm pushing 5'1").

Terri
Embroidery Creations

From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:26:12 -0400

I would go with a 19" or 21" widescreen.  Westinghouse makes some awesome
monitors for little $$ - check best buy.  I think the 21" is 529.

On 10/5/06 7:39 AM, "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > You can use any size monitor you want. I can't think of anyone who makes
 > monitor less than 17" anymore. I use a 19" monitor at home I have had for
 > about 8 years now and will never go smaller than that. You can also fit
more
 > of the design on your screen by having a larger monitor, instead of
 > scrolling left to right or up and down all the time. I have been looking
at
 > 24" hdtv monitors this past year because I'm sure this one won't last
much
 > longer. (Hopefully this holiday will be good to me so I can go buy it
before
 > the end of the year for a tax write-off.)
 >
 > As far as computer needs go for DesignShop and Amaya, your computer will
be
 > fine but you may want to look into a dedicated computer just for the
 > embroidery. I just bought a new Dell a couple months ago. Pentium 4
3.2mhz,
 > 1gb ram, 256mb video card, gigabit network card (10/100/1000) and many
other
 > 'toys' in it. It is very fast and can handle any embroidery related
software
 > I install in it. Photoshop and DesignShop open very fast (couple seconds
at
 > most) which was a problem on my old computer.
 >

 > From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Subject: [amayausers] Re: Amaya os
 > Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:56:32 +1000
 >

 > Why do you need a 17 inch screen or bigger for the OS/ as long as the
 > resolution is 1024*768 or more?
 >
 > Anand
 >
 > Windows 2000 or XP (Home or Professional)
 > CPU: 800 MHz or faster ( I would go faster)
 > Available hard drive space: 1GB, Plus additional space for embroidery
 > designs as needed
 > Ram: 256 MB ( I would recommend 512 MB or 1 GB, more is better)
 > Video: Video card with 1024 X 768 resolution, 17" or larger monitor
 > Network Card: 10 Megabit 10 Base T Ethernet USB or Parallel Port
 >
 > I hope this helps
 > Russell Silva
 > R. S. Embroidery
 > Amaya Technician
 > Attleboro, Ma
 > 508-222-4433
 >
 > --
 > 4/10/2006

- - - - - - - -

John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

I: www.levelbest.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779

active website design . web hosting . content driven websites

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.