[amayausers] Re: Amaya os

  • From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:15:19 -0400

Steve:

If I was you - I would stay away from the dell flat panel lcds - we use them
at work and I have two 19" widescreens that have serious ghosting issues -
where if you have something up, it imprints it and takes a while for the
pixels to clear.  My experience with them has not been great.

Just thought I would pass it along.

JOHN

On 10/5/06 9:27 AM, "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>

> On 10/5/06 7:39 AM, "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> You can use any size monitor you want. I can't think of anyone who makes
>> monitor less than 17" anymore. I use a 19" monitor at home I have had for
>> about 8 years now and will never go smaller than that. You can also fit
> more
>> of the design on your screen by having a larger monitor, instead of
>> scrolling left to right or up and down all the time. I have been looking
> at
>> 24" hdtv monitors this past year because I'm sure this one won't last
> much
>> longer. (Hopefully this holiday will be good to me so I can go buy it
> before
>> the end of the year for a tax write-off.)
>>
>> As far as computer needs go for DesignShop and Amaya, your computer will
> be
>> fine but you may want to look into a dedicated computer just for the
>> embroidery. I just bought a new Dell a couple months ago. Pentium 4
> 3.2mhz,
>> 1gb ram, 256mb video card, gigabit network card (10/100/1000) and many
> other
>> 'toys' in it. It is very fast and can handle any embroidery related
> software
>> I install in it. Photoshop and DesignShop open very fast (couple seconds
> at
>> most) which was a problem on my old computer.
>>

>> From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [amayausers] Re: Amaya os
>> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:56:32 +1000
>>

>> Why do you need a 17 inch screen or bigger for the OS/ as long as the
>> resolution is 1024*768 or more?
>>
>> Anand
>>
>> Windows 2000 or XP (Home or Professional)
>> CPU: 800 MHz or faster ( I would go faster)
>> Available hard drive space: 1GB, Plus additional space for embroidery
>> designs as needed
>> Ram: 256 MB ( I would recommend 512 MB or 1 GB, more is better)
>> Video: Video card with 1024 X 768 resolution, 17" or larger monitor
>> Network Card: 10 Megabit 10 Base T Ethernet USB or Parallel Port
>>
>> I hope this helps
>> Russell Silva
>> R. S. Embroidery
>> Amaya Technician
>> Attleboro, Ma
>> 508-222-4433
>>
>> --
>> 4/10/2006

> - - - - - - - -
>

> John Yaglenski
> President / Chief Executive Officer
> Levelbest Communications
>
> I: www.levelbest.com
> P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779
>
> active website design . web hosting . content driven websites
>
> This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
> privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
> immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to