[amayausers.com] Re: Alphabet Editor

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 18:46:09 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/733.html#000003

The answer is Tools/Alphabet Editor. You will have to consult your book or the
Help files, but you can bring up a FILE of a saved letter, copy and then in
Alphabet Editor, paste it.  You have to get it in the right place, at the right
size, etc.  It is MUCH better to size all letters in each individual file
before copying them into the Editor.

Also, you can, using the Alph Ed, bring a TTF into it, one letter at a time and
then edit it there.  I believe that when you initiate the Editor you have to
give the font another name and all letters get automatically saved when you
move on to another letter.

Another idea is to take all edited letters fro all the files and put them all
into just one file.  That way copying and pasting is much simpler than opening
each separate file as needed.

Using the Alphabet Editor is a big long job considering there are more then 70
letters, numbers and punctuation marks.

And, just to remind you, not all font are equal.  There are good fonts, and
then there are fonts that looks like a 3 year old made them.  I have even seen
fonts that have crossed lines!  That can really screw up the look when
embroidered!

Hope this helps and have fun,
Juli in Kona