[amayausers.com] Re: AMAYA XT Bobbin case area making LOUD noise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 05:54:33 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/827.html#000008

Those numbers sound more like something to do with Z timing. You could have the
rotary hook anywhere on the shaft and commanding the needle to go to bottom
center would always take it to the 180+ or minus position, assuming that the Z
axis timing is correct. You probably would have needle on metal strikes as well
on the rotary hook.

Are you getting these instructions from the Parts & Tech CD?

I would like to see these instructions....can you scan them or copy them or fax
them some way and email them to me at

springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Something is not right here! I don't believe that you have the hook timed yet.
Did you set both the left and right position of the point of the hook in
relation to the back side of the closest needle and then set the needle guard
gap to be as close as possible to the back side of the needle?

If these instructions do not sound familiar, then you are dealing with the Z
timing and without proper training, you want to stay away from this one as far
as you can. Hook timing , yes, but Z timing , no, notta, nine, niche, nope and
don't go there or you will really have the machine messed up and a tech call
will be on the horizon. On second thought, I haven't been to Hawaii in quite a
spell.

The numbers in the lower right corner...yours being 200.4 IS the target number
you want to set your hook timing to. The C-#, which will be a number between 1
and 16, is the Closest needle and the timing will be done using this needle.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer