[amayausers] Re: 4-color screen printing/direct to garment printer

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:13:25 -0400

Four color process on black takes at least 5 screens....you have to
print a white underbase. Not cost effective at all for less than 72
shirts or more.
The biggest rip off is the 'film charges'...there is NO difference
between printing off process separations on vellum for 4 color
process or 4 spot colors...I do it all the time and hold up to 65 lpi
on hand coated screens. If you have the 'ready to go' artwork it is a
no brainer-but many commercial shops use that charge to 'hose' you....
But I do have a Roland Versacamm SP300V-and that will print
photoreproduction full color onto white transfer film-heat seals to
the shirts. It will diecut any shape around and 'in' the design so
you don't get a white background showing. I've done 'filled'
lettering and logos, die cut, peel, and transfer and it looks great
for hats, shirts, etc. BUT you will always get that plastic 'film
feel' to the transfer. Last I knew-there is no laser transfer decal
process that will print on black or dark shirts...without a white
material or underbase, your sublimation inks are transparent and
won't show up.
If you have the full color ready to print image, then I have NO SETUP
fees...just a 'per square foot' price I can quote once we know the
size and quantity. I also supply the shirts-easier to have them on
hand-I order extras in case of screw ups.
Just let me know!
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx