[amayausers] Re: 2005 Design Shop and OS

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:26:59 -0800

One of the things I noticed and don't like came about 2 revisions ago.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but, In my case
we have 4 machines on 4 separate clusters of 1 machine per.
when I go to do work on the computer in the OS, mind you we
have nothing else on this computer, but when you try to do anything,
click on a menu, enter a value, anything when a machine moves
during a color change, it locks me up for that time that the machine
is actually moving the needle case. Usually the most frustrating part
is I've clicked something 2 or 3 times thinking I missed it before I realize
that it's the machine moving in the background that I've tuned out!
Then I spend time trying to undo what I 've mistakenly done
when the program goes live again and registers all the clicks!

I do like that this version doesn't ask me to save each design
every time we shut down at night, But it would be nice if the machines
didn't load the previous designs every morning also. Another issue
is that when I go to load a new design it asks me to save changes
on the current design. Of course thinking the machine is going to
tell me "it's about to move" and wants me to click OK or hit "Enter"
when the display window pops up, I hit enter every darn time
and have to go cancel because this time it's really asking me to save
a designs changes even though I can't remember changing anything.

You'd think I can remember to read first, click later!!
Oh well,

So in essence has anyone else had these issues and no of a work around?
I'd love to hear other ideas!! or complaints, I can't be the only
one that needs to vent sometime...

Later
Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches