[ai_group]

  • From: "Dr.X" <drx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ai_Group" <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:50:02 -0400

I haven't been ignoring anyone. Been a little busy today but I hear we need a
way to grab html docs from the web. I have a script somewhere that gets web
pages and I also have another script that will strip html out of it. Also, I
read in here that it would be nice to manage the flood of email. I've been
working on just that. As you can imagine, it's a big job to deal with email
servers. I have posted "getmail" to the site for download. It will download
email to a folder in the form of txt files. Should be easy to modify the html
striper to take care of all the formatting that goes along with the mail. Then
maybe the ai can analyze the text to learn from it. Also, it can be asked
questions that it can retrieve from the emails. Like now, if I asked the ai "how
can I convert my emails to txt files?" the ai should be able to say something
like "I have an html stripper script and getmail. I can download all your mail
for you to a folder and convert it for you." :-)

http://ai.cyberenhanced.com/files/getmail.zip

I'll find the html striper and web page grabber and post those too. All 3 of
these files are easily scripted so I'm sure they will be easy to connect to your
programs.

Dr.X