[adtools] Re: -use-dynld - Why was it added?

  • From: Hans-Joerg Frieden <Hans-JoergF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:11:56 +0200

On 04.08.2010 23:20, Trevor Scroggins wrote:

The point of this and some of my other posts is: Why doesn't our gcc
behave like (almost) everyone else's gcc? :-)

Mostly because shared objects on AmigaOS aren't shared objects yet. They are basically like normal linked files, meaning that if 10 programs are using libc.so, then libc.so will be loaded ten times. When I wrote that stuff, I tried to make up a way to really share the code, but didn't get around to it (as usual).

I figured that not making shared object the default would be a better idea.

Regards,
--
Hans-Joerg Frieden

Now these points of data make a beautiful line,
and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time.
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP