[adtools] Re: libstdc++-v3 Multilib Support

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 07:53:48 +0200

Hi!

Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Trevor Scroggins
> <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I've dropped back to the following for testing, as that's what delivered
by
> the
> > SDK.
> >
> > MULTILIB_OPTIONS = mcrt=newlib/mcrt=clib2/mcrt=clib2-ts msoft-float
> > MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = newlib clib2 clib2-ts soft-float
>
> This builds successfully, and the missing extra lib directories, e.g.
> lib/gcc/ppc-amigaos/4.2.4/newlib/lib, don't appear to be an issue as
> the build took care of the required specs.

Sounds really great! Thanks a lot for doing these tests!

> Some combinations will not link because of missing functions, e.g.
> -mcrt=clib2 -msoft-float can't find strtod(). These can either be
> fixed or ignored, depending on whether or not the SDK officially
> supports the multilib combination.
>
> Where should we go from here?

I'll add these changes to the repository as soon as I can. I think that
-mcrt=clib2 -msoft-float combination should work (again, other may correct me
here, if I'm wrong), so IMO we should fix that case (especially, since
strtod() should be part of clib2, so I do not understand why it doesn't link).

We definitely need to work on the build instructions and we should update the
documentation with respect to a native build.

Yes, and I would also like to get rid of the hardcoded paths for the SDK in
the internal specs (maybe using relative ones instead). That way we can bundle
cross compilers easily with IDEs such as Eclipse.

The next thing I would like to ensure is that gcc 4.4.4 is really working
(especially, I had no time yet to test the baserel stuff) and then move this
branch to trunk.

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools