[adeel420] Joke - computer version of tis was the night before christmas

  • From: LTC <mshaqeel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adeel420@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:40:42 +0000 (GMT)

> > > :   'Twas the night before Christmas, when all
through the Net,
> > > :   There were hacker's a surfing. Nerds? Yeah,
you bet.
> > > :   The e-mails were stacked by the modem with
care,
> > > :   In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be
there.
> > > :
> > > :   The newbies were nestled all snug by their
screens,
> > > :   While visions of Java danced in their
dreams.
> > > :   My wife on the sofa and me with a snack,
> > > :   We just settled down at my rig (it's a Mac).
> > > :
> > > :   When out in the Web there arose such a
clatter,
> > > :   I jumped to the site to see what was the
matter.
> > > :   To a new page my Mac flew like a flash,
> > > :   Then made a slight gurgle. It started to
crash!!
> > > :
> > > :   I gasped at the thought and started to
grouse,
> > > :   Then turned my head sideways and clicked on
my mouse.
> > > :   When what to my wondering eyes should
appear,
> > > :   My Mac jumped to a page that wasn't quite
clear.
> > > :
> > > :   When the image resolved, so bright and so
quick,
> > > :   I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick!
> > > :   More rapid than mainframes, more graphics
they came,
> > > :   Then Nick glanced toward my screen, my Mac
called them by name;
> > > :
> > > :   "Now Compaq! Now Acer!", my speaker did
reel;
> > > :   "On Apple! On Gateway!" Santa started to
squeal!
> > > :   "Jump onto the circuits! And into the chip!
> > > :   Now speed it up! Speed it up! Make this
thing hip!"
> > > :
> > > :   The screen gave a flicker, he was into my
"Ram",
> > > :   Then into my room rose a full hologram!
> > > :   He was dressed in all red, from his head to
his shoes,
> > > :   Which were black (the white socks he really
should lose).
> > > :
> > > :   He pulled out some discs he had stored in
his backpack.
> > > :   Santa looked like a dude who was rarin' to
hack!
> > > :   His eyes, how they twinkled! His glasses,
how techno!
> > > :   This ain't the same Santa that I used to
know!
> > > :
> > > :   With a wink of his eye and a nod of his
head,
> > > :   Santa soon let me know I had nothing to
dread.
> > > :   He spoke not a word, gave my Mac a quick
poke,
> > > :   And accessed my C drive with only a stroke.
> > > :
> > > :   He defragged my hard drive, and added a
"Dimm",
> > > :   Then threw in some cool games, just on a
whim!
> > > :   He worked without noise, his fingers they
flew!
> > > :   He distorted some pictures with Kai's Power
Goo!
> > > :
> > > :   He updated Office, Excel and Quicken,
> > > :   Then added a screensaver with a red clucking
chicken!
> > > :   My eyes widened a bit, my mouth stood agape,
> > > :   As he added the latest version of Netscape.
> > > :
> > > :   The drive gave a whirl, as if it were
pleased,
> > > :   St. Nick coyly smiled, the computer
appeased.
> > > :   Then placing his finger on the bridge of his
nose,
> > > :   Santa turned into nothing but ones and
zeros!
> > > :
> > > :   He flew back into my screen and through my
uplink,
> > > :   Back into the net with barely a blink.
> > > :   But I heard his sweet voice as he flew from
my sight,
> > > :   "Happy surfing to all, and to all a good
byte!"

=====

http://uk.my.yahoo.com