[adaptivetec] Re: Opening Zipped Files

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:15:05 -0400

Hi Sandy,

Try the following:
1. Open the message which contains the attachment.
2. Press alt f to open the file menu.
3. Arrow down to "Save attachments" and hit enter.
4. Your screen reader will read the name of the file. Be sure you know at least part of the filename as this will make finding it much easier later.
5. Tab once. You will be in an edit box which will show the location where the file will be saved. It should be My Documents. Even if this is not where you want the file to be saved, I recommend saving it here first. It's easy enough to move it later.
6. Tab until you reach the save button and press enter.
7. Now, go to the My Documents folder, assuming that is where you saved the file.
8. Find the file and press enter. You will now be in a subfolder, or in this case, a zipped folder, containing the file or files that were zipped.
9. Press alt f to open the file menu.
10. The first option in the menu will be unzip.
11. Press enter and follow the steps to unzip the files.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "shbishop" <shbishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>