[aces-caeeg-board] Re: Fwd: Re: ACES BOD Meeting Sunday Nov 28th 5pm

  • From: Justin Cooke <jucooke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aces-caeeg-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:50:25 -0400

Hey guys,

My strictest apologies for not being at the meeting. I was actually at my
computer, but I got lost in the paper I was writing and lost track of time.
I apologize and hope I don't make this mistake in the future!

Although I've written a brief goal for my position on the website, seeing as
my position isn't quite defined yet, I'm going to draft up a list of
ambitious but reasonable (does that make sense...?) goals. I spoke to Neil a
month or so ago about an idea I had to host job fairs at the bigger
engineering schools and invite industry reps who can rent out tables for
$200 or so each, with pizza provided. Faculty members could also show up to
make it more professional. I brought this up with Dalhousie's Dean of
engineering briefly and he said that his staff would likely help organize
it, and if successful, he would put a good word in with the MUN and UNB
Deans of engineering. He seems very supportive of ACES and would love to see
us do some stuff. This is one idea I have that could possibly raise
thousands.

As for the potential sponsors, I've started on that list already. Haven't
got far yet but I'll be asking for lists from the co-op offices. Work in
progress, on hold for exams!

As for CFES... hell yeah I'll be there. I look forward to having a good
time.

Cheers guys!

Justin

P.S. This is my email for Gmail conferencing.