[accmemberdiscussion] Re: Shelby County Commissioners' letter

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:02:39 EDT

Actually, I don't think it's a good idea to bring the HSUS/PETA subject in
to the discussion.  As far as I can tell from what information I've read,
there is no reason to think that AR philosophy is fueling this.  I think
just sticking to the subject at hand, i.e. the Commission trying to control
animal nuisance problems through zoning and us wanting to create a fair,
equitable definition of the term "commercial" which doesn't include  hobbyists.

Really and truly, I am still not very clear on exactly WHAT the Commission
wants this definition to do.  What are they trying to achieve by this
ordinance?  Until that's known, it's practically impossible to offer good
alternative solutions to whatever they perceive the problem(s) to be.  If  you
go
back and look at the email that I sent several weeks ago to the BKC list
about the questions & discrepancies the ordinance brings up for me, it might
help you pinpoint a couple of bullets to include.

If you'd like to call me, we can sort of go through some of the things you
might want to ask or point out.  680-3336.  Honestly, one of the first
things I'd do is make a phone call to Mr. Dillard, (I believe that's his  name)
the commissioner that got the whole thing derailed 5 years ago when  it
came up the first time.  Isn't he still on the Commission?  He  probably could
give some insight as to what's happened in the last 5 years and  if he still
feels opposed to it now as he did then.  And if not, why  not?

Donna  & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)   and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by
shopping/searching through  _http://www.goodsearch.com_
(http://www.goodsearch.com/)
 and _http://www.igive.com_ (http://www.igive.com/)

Every year of  dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)

In a message dated 10/1/2010 1:41:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ilcrice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  know, Donna, and that is the trouble I am having with writing my letter.
  There are so many points that could be made.  I’m trying to decide
whether it would be beneficial or not to include, as an introduction, a bit of
information on HSUS and/or PETA as an explanation of why our concern level is
 so high.  If you think this would be a good idea, or if you have
suggestions along this line, please send them to me.  I have plenty of  info to
write about the specifics of this Shelby county case, but feel a bit
incompetent to explain HSUS to those who may know nothing about  it.