[accmemberdiscussion] Re: Shelby County Commissioners' letter

  • From: "Ivy Rice" <ilcrice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:38:27 -0500

I know, Donna, and that is the trouble I am having with writing my letter.
There are so many points that could be made.  I’m trying to decide whether it
would be beneficial or not to include, as an introduction, a bit of information
on HSUS and/or PETA as an explanation of why our concern level is so high.  If
you think this would be a good idea, or if you have suggestions along this
line, please send them to me.  I have plenty of info to write about the
specifics of this Shelby county case, but feel a bit incompetent to explain
HSUS to those who may know nothing about it.

Visit me at www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com
<http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/>  and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by shopping/searching through http://www.goodsearch.com
<http://www.goodsearch.com/>  and http://www.igive.com <http://www.igive.com/>
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael Rosen)

In a message dated 10/1/2010 11:07:08 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ilcrice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Donna, I like your PUPS letter.  Damon or Donna, could one of you send me a
copy of Donna’s letter to the planning commission.

Visit me at www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com
<http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/>  and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by shopping/searching through http://www.goodsearch.com
<http://www.goodsearch.com/>  and http://www.igive.com <http://www.igive.com/>
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael Rosen)

In a message dated 10/1/2010 3:36:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jdfolmar@xxxxxxx writes:

It was a great letter.

Donna--would you mind doing an ACC letter to the Shelby County county
commission prior to their meeting on Monday morning at 8:30 on October 11?

I plan to do one as well as have a face to face meeting with Corley Ellis prior
to the 11th.  The more letters and input we can have ahead of time the better.

If anyone wants to go to the meeting it's in Columbiana 10/11 at 8:30 and they
will vote on this issue and then meet with the Planning Commission thereafter.

Anyone who goes will only have 3 minutes to speak, so I think while it's
important that we have people there it's more important to adequately express
our views ahead of time.

Thanks!

Damon