[accmemberdiscussion] Re: More information on the Helena, AL proposed dog ordinance

  • From: Theresa M Cook <southnmist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ACC <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:53:07 -0500

Thanks - I was trying to find the ordinance earlier today but didn't see it on
Helena's website.  I saw where it's on the schedule for tonight's meeting but
couldn't find the proposed text.

Theresa
RAOAL Responsible Animal Owners of Alabama
The video HSUS wants to hide!
~~~If you can't stand BEHIND our troops...feel free to stand in FRONT of
them!!! ~~~

From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:44:01 -0400
Subject: [accmemberdiscussion] More information on the Helena, AL proposed dog
ordinance
To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ACC member Kaye Stevenson gave me this flyer today that she saw in the vet's
office.  Rather than scan it in, I am just retyping it.

NO DOGS ALLOWED?

The City of Helena is proposing an amendment to the dog ordinance that would
prevent anyone from taking a dog to special events held on municipal property.
Dogs would not be allowed at the Buck Creek Festival, Movies in the Park, 4th
of July Celebration or at any other event that the city defines as a "special
event".  Per the ordinance, municipal property is property owned by the City
including but not limited to parks, playgrounds and public streets.

Without public objections this amendment will be passed!!

What can I do you ask?  Please contact your City leadership to voice your
opinion and also plan to attend the City Council meeting scheduled for Sept 14
at 6 pm.  Encourage others to get involved.

City Hall 663-2161 - please leave a message on the comment line.

*  Jerry Pate             jerry.pate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*  Leigh Hulsey         auhulsey@xxxxxxxxx
*  Katherine Ennis    kennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*  Barbara Hyche     bhyche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*  Cris Nelson           cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*  Sonny Penhale     sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can obtain a copy of the proposed ordinance from City Hall or
http://helena-alabama.blogspot.com under August 25 posts.

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael Rosen)
visit me at www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com
Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital
tv's.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=digital+tv's&form=MSHNCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHNCB_Vertical_Shopping_DigitalTVs_1x1