[accmemberdiscussion] More information on the Helena, AL proposed dog ordinance

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:44:01 EDT

ACC member Kaye Stevenson gave me this flyer today that she saw in the
vet's office.  Rather than scan it in, I am just retyping it.

**************************
NO DOGS ALLOWED?

The City of Helena is proposing an amendment to the dog ordinance that
would prevent anyone from taking a dog to special events held on municipal
property.  Dogs would not be allowed at the Buck Creek Festival, Movies in  the
Park, 4th of July Celebration or at any other event that the city defines
as  a "special event".  Per the ordinance, municipal property is property
owned  by the City including but not limited to parks, playgrounds and public
streets.

Without public objections this amendment will be  passed!!

What can I do you ask?  Please contact your City leadership to voice  your
opinion and also plan to attend the City Council meeting scheduled for Sept
14 at 6 pm.  Encourage others to get involved.

City Hall 663-2161 - please leave a message on the comment line.

*  Jerry  Pate             _jerry.pate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:jerry.pate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
*  Leigh Hulsey         _auhulsey@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:auhulsey@xxxxxxxxx)
*  Katherine Ennis    _kennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:kennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
*  Barbara Hyche     _bhyche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:bhyche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
*  Cris  Nelson           _cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
*  Sonny Penhale     _sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

You can obtain a copy of the proposed ordinance from City Hall or
_http://helena-alabama.blogspot.com_ (http://helena-alabama.blogspot.com)
under
August 25 posts.

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog  love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)