[accmemberdiscussion] John Yates-American Sporting Dog Alliance

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:14:55 EDT

Original Message -----
From: Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
To: TX-RPOA E-News
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:45  PM
Subject: John Yates Passed Away, Sad News

TX-RPOA  E-News
>From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet Owners  Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is a  difference."
Permission granted to crosspost.

September 16,  2009
We've lost a valuable foot soldier in this war we're fighting simply for
the
right to be able to "own," love, and cherish our animals. John Yates,
founder of American Sporting Dog Alliance, passed away during surgery
yesterday. John's research and writings on legislative issues have
circulated through email lists and been posted on web sites all over the
country. He has been a friend to Texas animal owners and joined us in our
local and state battles. John will be greatly missed and our condolences to

his wife Donna. Responses can be posted on the URL below:

_http://members3.http://memhttp://memberhttp://members3http_
(http://members3.boardhost.com/coverdog/msg/1253065634.html)

Sad  News-John Yates Passed Away Today
Posted by Joe Blacker on 9/15/2009, 8:47  pm
Joe Blacker

I damn well hated to hear the news today from John's  wife Donna:

Hi Joe,
Please tell the people on the cover dog site that  John died during surgery
today at 1:15pm. I don't think I can do it myself.  We both have a
lot of friends who are on the site and I would like them to  hear the news
from you, if you would not mind.
Please tell them that he  loved his dogs, his wife and fighting for freedom
in whatever form it  took.
His voice is silenced, forever.
I will miss him. I hope that our  friends will remember him as the gentle,
articulate spokesmen that often put  his heart and neck on the line to
stand
up for dog owners/lovers and fought  for all of us to the end. He planned
continue the fight as soon as he  could sit in front of his computer again.
It seems that someone else had  different plans for him.
His favorite dog, Razzle, who was a son of Tekoa  Mountain Sunrise, died
peacefully in his sleep, two days ago.
They are  surely both strong and healthy and hunting together,  somewhere.
Sincerely,
Donna

RPOA Texas Outreach (501C4  Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreawww.rp
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance  (501C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowww.respo

900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
$15 Annual dues (January - December)
To  subscribe, contact rpoa@...

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog  love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)