[accmemberdiscussion] Re: Dog Laws

  • From: "Brenda Shreve" <colinwoodcollies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:13:08 -0600

This just came in.  Brenda

http://www.hsmo.org/news/74-dogs-rescued-from-licensed.html

  _____

From: accmemberdiscussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:accmemberdiscussion-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 9:22 AM
To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [accmemberdiscussion] Re: Dog Laws

Good question.  I think the answer is probably pretty simple:  most don't
think............ at all.

What's the story here?  Was this breeder cited for cruelty/abuse/neglect and
the dogs are now confiscated?  Just wondering who made the decision to take
the dogs and why.

Rescue will go the way of the dinosaur in MO if rescue people have to pay
such high fees just to save animals.  Pretty scary..........

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Visit me at www.mydoublenickellife.blogspot.com
<http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/>  and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by shopping/searching through http://www.goodsearch.com
<http://www.goodsearch.com/>  and http://www.igive.com
<http://www.igive.com/>
Every year of dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)

In a message dated 2/21/2011 9:12:18 A.M. Central Standard Time,
colinwoodcollies@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Here's a new twist on the ramifications of Draconian pet laws.  The Collie
Rescue Foundation is trying to organize rescues to take sixty plus collies
from a breeding operation in MO.  The dogs will only be released to a state
"licensed" rescue, but we're having a hard time finding one because the fee
for obtaining one is now $1,200, & the annual renewal is $400!  That's a lot
of money & it has stopped most rescuers in their tracks.  We've been working
with one who spent $6,000 bring her house up to "standards", then couldn't
pay the fees!

Where do people think their pets are going to come from when there are none?

Brenda