[accmemberdiscussion] Dog Laws

  • From: "Brenda Shreve" <colinwoodcollies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:12:14 -0600

Here's a new twist on the ramifications of Draconian pet laws.  The Collie
Rescue Foundation is trying to organize rescues to take sixty plus collies
from a breeding operation in MO.  The dogs will only be released to a state
"licensed" rescue, but we're having a hard time finding one because the fee
for obtaining one is now $1,200, & the annual renewal is $400!  That's a lot
of money & it has stopped most rescuers in their tracks.  We've been working
with one who spent $6,000 bring her house up to "standards", then couldn't
pay the fees!

Where do people think their pets are going to come from when there are none?

Brenda