[accmemberdiscussion] A reply from Senator Jeff Sessions

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:59:11 EDT

I was very pleased to receive a reply from Jeff Sessions' office today in
response to my contacting him about Cass Sunstein's nomination.  I thought
y'all would like to know what he said at the end of his letter:

"Over the course of his academic career, Professor Sunstein has advocated a
 number of positions that are well outside the American mainstream.  While
much of the criticism surrounding his nomination rightly focused on his
animal  rights advocacy, Professor Sunstein has also taken radical positions on
 abortion, gun control, and the role of government in our society.
Professor Sunstein's legal and public policy positions are especially troubling

for an individual that will sit at the nexus of the regulatory engine of
America.  Professor Sunstein's nomination was approved by the Senate by a  vote
of 57-40.  However, you may rest assured that I will continue to  advocate
for sound legal policies that will preserve our nation's constitutional
heritage and that will restore the federal government to its rightful place in
American society."

So, I think there will be eyes continuing to look at Cass Sunstein and his
actions.  At least, I hope so.

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog  love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)