[AI] Re: PNB taking charge for DD/PAY ORDER

  • From: Mahendra <galani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:01:04 +0200

Hi Sandeep

when i was having account with bank of Baroda in Bombay, i fased the same
problem like you, i remember going to maneger, i was given DD or pay order
without any charge.
however i was told,  it is bank manegers discrition,
this was nearly 15 years ago, so please find out, any new rools in this
regard, wish you good luck.
At 00:18 01.01.99 +0530, Sandeep Gautam wrote:
>   Hi listers, I am Sandeep Gautam working in NTPC Dadri. There is  one PNB
>bank inside our NTPC campus. The bank has already expressed their
>inability to provide cheque book to me (when I opened my account in the PNB
> Bank). Now, they charged me for making Pay Order. In Delhi, I heard PNB
>does not charge from VH for  DD/Pay Orders. When I talked to Bank Manager,
>he told me that there is no such  rule for that. Pls this is very sensitive
>matter because on the  one hand Bank is compelling us to making DD/PO by
>not providing us Cheque Books  and on the other hand, they are charging for
>DD/PO. Kindly throw your suggestions in this  matter.   &R Sandeep Gautam
>Cell NO. 9818143708
                       mahendra galani     P  S
 msn ID  mahendragalani@xxxxxxxxxxx         skype ID chintu3886
phone 00+43-1-4943149   mobile 00+43-69910483429,     00+43-6769163888
address Herbst strasse 101/16/1 1160 Vienna Austria Europe
quotation marks.