accessible-iOS Re: Question about refund

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:31:21 +0000

Hello everyone.
Just a quick update to say I got my refund for sure.
I was curious actually, as my balance hasn't changed since I got confirmation of the refund, which was three days ago. So I did what you suggested, signed out and back in on both pc and iPhone in my case. Both are now showing the refunded balance, £10.39 in my case. Thank you for all your help. I'll try not to be as stupid as I was again grin. How it was I meant to preview an album and instead clicked the price button, and on the PC end I told it not to confirm it with me first. So of course it just purchased it for me. I did manage to stop the download though by closing iTunes and clicking the quit button.
Thank you once again.
Kind regards
Chris.

E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx

On 12/11/2013 05:33, jessica brown wrote:
Also after you ask for the refund and they refund your account, you will
not see the refund in your account until you sign out of your apple id
and back in. Not sure why this is, but that's how it is. So let's say
you have $15 on your apple id and you did not buy anything since you
asked for the refund. Now it has been a few days and you want to make
sure they refunded you. You go check your balance and it is still $15.
But then you sign out of your apple id and back in. Now if the thing
they are refunding you for is $5 then you will  now see a $20 balance on
your apple id. As a sidenote: if you see 2 different balances on 2
different devices and you are not sure how much you have on your apple
id, sign out and back in on both devices. Now both devices will have the
same
balance and it will be your true balance. I am not sure why this
happens, but what I have noticed is that let's say for example you have
$15 on your apple id. Then you buy something for $2 on one of your
devices and something else for $3 on another device on the same apple
id. You would think both devices would say you had a balance of $10,
right? Wrong. What actually ends up happening is the device you used to
get the $2 item will say you have a balance of $13 and the device you
used to get the $3 item will say you have $12. The only way to fix this
and get both devices displaying a $10 balance, which is your true
balance is to sign out of the apple id on both devices, then sign back
in on both devices. Here's one more example: you have $15 on your apple
id. You buy something for $4 on one of your devices and on another
device on the same apple id you do not buy anything. The device you used
to get the $4 item will say you have $11, but the device you got nothing
on will still say you have $15. And again the only way to fix this is
sign out and back on on both devices. I hope that made sense and please
let me know if you need me to explain more.