[accesscomp] University of Washington Paid Study Recruitment- Blind and Low-Vision Participants Needed

  • From: Chandrika Jayant <cjayant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chandrika Jayant <cjayant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:59:07 -0700

Greetings!

My name is Chandrika Jayant. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science and
Engineering at the University of Washington working with Professor Richard
Ladner. I am studying ways to improve the accessibility and usability of
mobile device cameras, particularly for people who are blind. To this end,
we are looking for subjects to participate in our study.

This study will ask you to locate some objects using a standard camera phone
and our new camera software. I will also be testing out a specific
portrait-taking camera application that we tested out last year- we have
added last year’s participants’ suggestions into this iteration. If you
already participated last year, please feel free to come back for this
different yet related study. The study will take place at the beginning of
April at our lab on the University of Washington campus in Seattle.

If you are interested in participating in my study, “Blind Photography and
Non-Visual Camera Interactions on Mainstream Mobile Devices” please contact
me directly at: 206-300-2167 (you can leave a message with your name and
phone number if I do not respond) or cjayant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Please note
that I cannot guarantee the confidentiality of email.)

We are narrowing our research to people with the following qualities:

•        18 years old or older

•        Blind or low-vision

•        Hearing

We encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, and familiarity levels with
computers to participate. Realize that it is only the technology we are
testing, not you!

You will be paid $50 for your time. The study will take approximately 60-90
minutes.

Feel free to take a look at my website to find out more about my research
program:
www.cs.washington.edu/homes/cjayant/

If you have never filled out my camera survey, please take a moment and do
so now, even if you do not want to participate in the full-fledged study, or
if you are not in Seattle.
http://bit.ly/h5Hbls<http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/cjayant/>

Sincerely,

Chandrika Jayant, Ph.D. Candidate
Graduate Student, Computer Science and Engineering
University of Washington
Paul Allen Center, Room 494
Seattle, WA 98195-2840
cjayant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx